Military Saves Week starts Feb. 27, and the Texas State Securities Board continues to offer two resource-packed financial guides to help active military and veterans make confident, informed financial decisions.
A Salute to Smart Investing and the Veterans Handbook: Tactics for Civilian Life provide active military, veterans, and their families the tools they need to achieve financial security and avoid investment fraud that specifically targets the military.
For print copies of either guide –multiple copies are available – provide a mailing address to Robert Elder, Communications & Investor Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the State Securities Board’s Military Section highlights the top resources for the military from state and federal securities regulators, the Department of Defense, consumer groups, and other programs.
The Salute to Smart Investing covers investment “basic training.” It includes guidance on budgeting, saving, and credit; the basics of saving and investing; balancing risk and reward in investing; retirement planning; and recognizing inappropriate investments.
The Veterans Handbook is intended to assist veterans identify the professional, financial, and personal choices that come with a shift to a civilian career. Topics include:
- Building a short-term emergency fund and setting long-term goals in saving and investing;
- The different strategies for saving for retirement;
- Avoiding financial problems that arise from investment fraud and pension-related scams;
- Details of the post-9/11 GI Bill; and
- Identifying the appropriate life and health insurance for you and your family.
Submitted By: Texas State Securities Board
Phone Number: (713) 426-0336